Sales Support Specialist
ETC Group is a well-established energy efficiency engineering firm with offices in Salt Lake City, UT and Tempe, AZ. We are looking for a Sales Associate with industry experience to join our Business Development team. We are looking for somebody that can adapt with our maturing needs. You will initially support our VP of Business Development in identifying opportunities, developing leads, and delivering proposals to customers. We anticipate specific services, such as Commissioning or Monitoring-Based Commissioning, will become a primary responsibility for you to pursue and manage ongoing sales efforts.
We are looking for somebody to drive brand awareness, leads, and ultimately, sales! The ideal candidate for this position has a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, is ready to drive growth, AND grow with the company! This role reports into the VP of Business Development & Marketing and will work with multiple levels and disciplines of personnel throughout the company.
Position is based out of either of our offices (Salt Lake or Tempe). However, other locations will be considered for candidates and territories that meet our needs.
This is a full-time, salaried position with future opportunities for performance bonuses or sales commissions.
Work generally follows a typical Monday-Friday schedule, but occasional after-hours and/or weekend work may be required.
Core Roles & Responsibilities
- Managing/writing proposals to support our sales team as detailed below.
- Lead generation. Building and maintaining relationships with industry leaders, associations, and organizations in regional or vertical markets.
- Representing ETC Group at conferences, events, and in the community at large.
- Project identification. Reviewing and discussing findings and reports with internal teams and customers to develop a sales plan. Recognizing customer pain points and identifying solutions from ETC Group’s service offerings.
- Project development. Developing scope of work and pricing to deliver proposal to customer.
- Utilizing ETC Group’s tools and processes to support our customer relationship strategies. Manage opportunities/leads/activities in CRM system. Experience with Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint is a plus.
- Providing support to the customer with regards to project financing and contracting issues.
- Customer acquisition and customer management including client meetings/calls, building client strategies, and owning customer relationships.
- Handoff to project management teams and coordination assistance at the start of projects
- Prepares and maintains proposal schedules and leads and supports proposal development.
- Collaborates with team members to develop proposal sections that clearly articulate the team’s overall solution/strategy, approach to performing the work, and differentiators.
- Gathers needed information from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to support writing activities. Translates technical subject matter into easily understandable content.
- Reads and dissects RFPs, RFQs, amendments/modifications, and other solicitation documents to develop response outlines according to requirements to ensure proposal is compliant.
- Ensures optimal organization, presentation, and articulation of solution or qualifications in the proposal or qual pack and oversees incorporation of key messaging that clarifies the strengths of ETC Group’s offer, including any differentiators.
- Reviews proposal content for clarity, consistency, and responsiveness to RFP/RFQ requirements. Performs proofreading and editing to ensure clarity, punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Motivated – You must be self-motivated and driven with the ability to work independently if needed.
- Good decision-making skills – While you will not be making final decisions in isolation, you will be presenting strong recommendations to senior management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail driven. Must be able to work extended hours as needed to meet proposal deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical background either with a 4-year technical degree or experience in the mechanical/controls industry
- 3-5+ years of experience in a sales/marketing role or a technical role involving written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency and daily use with the Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and experience with CRM software. Familiarity with Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint a plus!
- Industry background. Ability to read/interpret RFPs with respect to alignment with ETC Group’s core skills and service offerings.
- Previous relationships and HVAC/facilities industry contacts that directly translate to sales leads are a plus.
- Controls Background. A basic understanding of building automation and control systems and the ability to read/interpret controls diagrams and submittals is a plus. A knowledge of fault detection, analytics, and monitoring-based commissioning service offerings is a differentiator.
- Mechanical background. A basic understanding of building mechanical/HVAC systems and the ability to read/interpret mechanical blueprints is a plus. A knowledge of building construction, general contracting and facility/systems commissioning is a differentiator.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com include in subject line, “Sales Support Specialist.”
At ETC Group, we’re proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you’re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together build a thriving planet, ETC Group may be the place for you.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership are what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
We’re currently looking for an Engineering Intern that goes beyond the checklists and is interested in digging deeper to find out how to improve a facility’s operation.
- Overall support of the MBCx group
- Build and implement SkySpark sites
- Create connectors from IP addresses using modbus, BACnet, or haystack protocols
- Leverage client BAS to accurately map and tag points in SkySpark
- Perform data quality checks
- Track and document malfunctioning points, missing data, and overall site concerns
- Ensure sites are built on schedule
- Create and deliver Fault Detection Diagnostic (SkySpark) reports
- Attend and document Design, Monitoring Based Commissioning, and Coordination meetings
- Learn and implement knowledge of business intelligence platforms such as PowerBI and Microsoft Report Builder
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Competency with Microsoft O365 platform
- Competency with Cloud Based software platforms
- Effective working in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and requests
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Strong listening, communication and writing skills
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Effective communicator both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent note taking ability
This position is based out of our Salt Lake City office, with local extended onsite location.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org include in subject line, “Engineering Intern.”